- Participation is open to any legally licensed angler who has agreed to waiver liability to all sponsoring parties by signing a waiver release and indemnification agreement. A $70 team entry fee and annual $20 per person association/member fee ($40 per team) must be paid prior to participation. No membership fees will be returned once paid. Minimum age to participate is 10 – boat operating knowledge is strongly recommended.
- All state and local laws will be respected, observed and obeyed.
- All fishing must be done from a boat. Proof of watercraft liability insurance must be available at time of entry on water and provided to tournament officials upon request. All boats must have state required safety equipment and be equipped with a working ignition kill switch. Horsepower must not exceed the original Coast Guard rating plate/sticker.
- All contestants must wear Coast Guard Approved PFD’s while gasoline motor is running.
- NO fishing permitted while gas motor is running. This is a safety issue – practice safe boating always!
- Off Limits area(s) will be announced online prior to the event, available during registration, and prior to launch.
- All boats must have a working livewell of adequate size. Please take GREAT CARE of your fish!
- A five(5) fish limit will be observed, sixth(6) fish must be culled immediately. NO culling at check-in. Teams with more than five(5) fish will be disqualified. Only largemouth bass, smallmouth bass and spotted bass will be accepted at weigh-in.
- All fish must measure 12-inches. Short fish will be disqualified and team will receive a one-half pound(1/2#) penalty (per short fish) assessed against remaining legal fish. Dead fish will receive a one-pound (1#) penalty per fish assessed against total weight of legal fish.
- In the event of a total weight tie (for any position), team with the biggest fish wins the tiebreaker. If neither team has weighed an individual fish, combined monies will be split evenly.
- All bass must be caught in a live sporting manner with rod and reel. Only one(1) rod per individual team member may be used at a time. Only artificial lures are acceptable (pork-type trailers acceptable). Drifting is permitted. Team must fish from and remain in their boat only. Trolling is prohibited.
- During competition, contestants may not place brush or other fish attractors, including baitcloud/chum or groundbait of any kind, in tournament waters.
- Contestants may fish anywhere on tournament waters except areas designated “Off Limits” by tournament officials and/or State Park regulations. Any team witnessed fishing in designated off-limits areas will be immediately disqualified.
- Teams registered for all six(6) season events (prior to the first 2020 event) become “Locked” teams and will launch as the same boat number for the entire 2020 season.
- All boats must check in on time with the check-in official. Check-in official will keep the official time. Teams reporting late will receive a one-pound (1#) penalty per minute late and are disqualified after five(5) minutes. Teams not catching fish must still report to the check-in official or tournament director.
- Any protest must be presented in writing to the tournament director prior to the presentation of awards and prizes.
- If a team must leave the tournament early, please call or text 330-289-1001. We care about your safety!
- CHAMPIONSHIP POINTS: Out of the six(6) season events, the team’s two(2) lowest points event will be dropped. This includes events not attended. Championship is determined by the team’s BEST FOUR EVENT FINISHES throughout the 2020 season.
- To be eligible for Championship awards/points, teams must fish four events with the same partner. Different partners enter as new teams.
- To be eligible for Overall Weight Bonus (NY or OH), teams must fish ALL three(3) NY and/or OH tournaments with the same partner.
- Tournament directors reserve the right to adjust the tournament times or cancel the event after a lengthy delay due to dangerous conditions. It is each participant’s responsibility to make individual decisions about their own safety in the event of severe weather. Cancelled events will be re-scheduled with all entry fees and team placement numbers honored at rescheduled event.
- Tournament directors reserve the right to refuse entries from teams known to practice dishonest methods.
- Tournament directors reserve the right to interpret or amend rules and regulations when necessary.
- Any rules, interpretation of the rules, or rules not covered under the above guidelines will be governed by event officials only and those decisions will be binding. Binding decisions of officials are final and not subject to formal appeal.
* With full knowledge of the tournament rules and regulations of the Better Half Tour, we agree to abide by all the stated conditions and the final judgement of the tournament officials.
* We knowingly release forever the Better Half Tour, tournament sponsors, FutuRealm LLC and all of their subjects from any responsibility, costs or expenses, or for any damages or injury incurred while traveling to, from, and participating in this event.
* We have and will maintain adequate liability insurance on the boat which is used in this tournament.
* By signing below, we, the above team, confirm that we have read and understand the rules and regulations.
* We waive the right to sue due to any negative publicity resulting from any officials actions.
* We release the rights to any photos taken the day of the event and acknowledge these photos may be used in any manner by Better Half Tour, with or without identification of the subjects.
* We freely participate with the understanding of the inherent risks of such events and will not hold any of the above mentioned individuals, sponsors or groups responsible for this event liable.